Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday Techie's DIY Adventures


Today marks first anniversary of "Techie's DIY Adventures".

Thank you so much, all of you who come here, read and leave comments. I am forever grateful for all the support and encouragement you have given me. I’m incredibly thankful that you’re with me on this journey. 

We have been doing lots of home improvement projects ever since we became home owners, but I never ever thought I would one day blog about those projects. Thanks to hubby dear and couple of my close friends who encouraged me to start sharing the projects.

This first year has been a big learning for me in terms of designing and managing the blog. I know I haven't been posting as often as I should,  will try to be more punctual with my posts this year.

All the projects are dear to me but these are my favorite three projects from my last years posts

1. Paper mache Elephant
  
This is one project that will be my favorite forever. How many people get a chance to build almost a life size elephant and have most of your friends (and their families) help you to build one? I know, I know, I have been lucky :)



2. Painted wallpaper in laundry room

This is my most viewed post. I always love projects that's low on cost and high on wove factor. This is one of such projects. All that it took was 2 fl oz of acrylic paint which I already had at home, the template made out of cereal box and some patience.




3. Stenciled wooden cornice



This was my very  first post. I had seen inlay work on the tables, dressers but inlay work on the cornice felt like a very fresh idea. Every time I walk past this room, it brings smile on my face and I am sure that's the first, people notice when they walk into our home.

Do you have any favorites? would love to hear from you on that.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a good rest of the week.


2 comments :

  1. Congratulations Bharati on your first blog anniversary. All your projects you shared here are good. My favorite is the laundry wall. The only thing that project required was patience....which I do not have....so I totally admire people who have it....:-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reshma! I enjoy reading your comments, truly appreciate you taking time to read the posts!

      My patience is limited to things that can be done with brush. Otherwise I am very very impatient.

      Delete

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace